Friday, November 03, 2006

It's Comfy in our Little Rut

Adding 'coffee beans' to the list on my fridge this morning I paused, pen in mid air, and decided to live dangerously. Also known [accusingly, by the Old Curmudgeon] as Trying to Change my Lifestyle, Living Dangerously means buying toothpaste other than Colgate, mouthwash other than Listerine, beans instead of ground, so, with a flourish of my favourite weapon, I added '....or ground'. And then I thought I might really go for the gusto and buy something other than Starbucks.........maybe Seattle's Finest .......just hope there won't be an earthquake. I'd feel responsible.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm smiling about your grocery list and **CHANGE**

Just very recently my older son left home [again], so we're [re]adjusting to an empty nest. One of the changes I'm currently making is shopping for quality at the market rather than all those years of quantity. I am treating myself to good coffee now instead of using a coupon and getting whatever is the cheapest. My husband doesn't quite have the hang of this yet.

Jeanne :)

meggie said...

It is sometimes fun to pop out of the rut!
I have almost given up coffee, so dont mind how it comes.
But when I caught myself feeling annoyed if I couldnt use "my" cup- well, I just used another, every time!

Angela said...

Good for you for shaking it up a bit! If you really want to try some great coffee, order some Intelligentsia http://www.intelligentsiacoffee.com/ They offer 1/2 lb bags so you can try a few different blends to find what suits your taste best. Their House Blend is very good.

No, I don't work for them. ;)