*For best flavour use really ripe bananas, ones with deep-yellow, brown -flecked skin and soft flesh.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup veg. oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups mashed ripe bananas [about 3]
- 1 cup semisweet choc. chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, eggs and oil at medium speed. Beat in vanilla. In medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa and baking soda; beat into sugar mixture at low speed just until combined (batter will be very thick). Stir in bananas and choc. chips.
- Spoon batter into pan. Bake 60 to 70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
Great with a cup of tea when you're craving something chocolatey! Much as I would like to impress the socks off you by telling you I made it up myself, unfortunately, I cannot tell a lie. I found this recipe in Cooking Pleasures Magazine back in the August/ September '05 issue. It was submitted by a reader who is also a writer..........Bon appetit!