Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Time Traveling on Country Roads

At 6:46 a.m.my brain peered into the bathroom mirror and asked my body "What the hell are you doing up?" Normally, I don't surface before 7:30 or 8. But for the last few days my body's been thinking it's an hour later than it really is. The confusion is caused by the Spring forward, Fall back thing. Are we gaining an hour or losing it? The brain knows but the body takes a week to catch up .
I remember daylight savings when we were growing up. It was only in the town though. It would be one time in Limerick, where we lived. But twenty five miles out the country, on my grandmother's farm, it would be an hour later or earlier. So you could, literally, go backwards and forwards in time! Depending, of course, on our cantankerous old Morris Minor, which had a habit of breaking down near The Four Elms, about half way between Limerick and the village of Ardpatrick. Would that have made us frozen in time, I wonder?
No matter. Just as well to be up early so I can try to stick with my new rule....

1 down, 29 to go!

1 comment:

meggie said...

Haha, AS you may see, by my blog today, I am somewhat anti-rules!

Or perhaps I just like breaking them?
I am still having to get up early, as Leo still feels he needs nourishment & company at 6am!