Monday, November 03, 2008

Better Late In Life Than Never

My father was fond of saying "Youth is wasted on the young!". I think he was right.
I have spent my life dabbling, and am, alas, no longer young, but I have, at this late date, finally discovered my true calling.

Recent events have made it obvious that I am up there with the esteemed Sherlock and his sidekick, Mr. Watson, when it comes to powers of deduction! Having wasted so much time already, I do not intend to procrastinate about this. I have procured a place at the highly competitive National Private Eye Institute, and will be starting my intensive course there next week. Keep me in mind if you have crimes to investigate, or mysteries to solve. References can be obtained by contacting Isabelle or Thimbleanna, who are both familiar with my work.

If you'll excuse me now, I have a suitcase to pack.

6 comments:

Tanya Brown said...

Here you are, posting each day, and I have RSS reader problems! Argh!

Anyhow, by all means, do go forward with your private eye work. You have a great love of story and a curiousity about your fellow man, which I am sure will be quite helpful in this endeavor.

Ali Honey said...

I have a 10x hand lens that could be useful to you.......it is broken in and quite useful for all manner of investigating.

Anonymous said...

Magnifying glass in hand, but Florida might be a tad warm for volumous coats and wintery hats...

Pam said...

How's your violin playing and - was it? - intake of cocaine? (It's a long time since I read S Holmes but I seem to remember that these components came into his deductions.) I won't volunteer to be your Dr W since I'm really slow on the uptake. In my various places of employment, I've always been the last to notice the clandestine red-hot affairs....

Thimbleanna said...

You are hysterical Miss Molly! You are indeed the master. I can't wait to see what mystery you solve next. (And if my computer doesn't get fixed tonight so I can post, you may be pressed into service!)

riseoutofme said...

WAAAAYY too much time on your hands Molly ...

But as you say "better late than never" ....

Does this mean you'll be undercover foer a while??