Friday, November 14, 2008

Snippets and Snailets and Puppy Dogs' Tailets....

Besides making a present for Lily's birthday this week, I recently finished a few other small projects. No matter how small, it is cause for celebration when I finish anything.....





A hat for Sugar 'n Spice grandchild, modeled, unwillingly [I had to snap fast!] by a grandchild of the Snips and Snails variety. Although I don't think those designations are fair.....Little boys are just as sweet and lovable as little girls!

This little guy has a mama who knits, so he and his brother have all the hats they need for winter.....Oldest son, Papa of Sugar 'n Spice, does not knit, and so I spent a couple of evenings in Ohio recently, knitting this strawberries and cream hat to keep her ears warm this winter. Lily made one for Sugar and Spice's little brother, and since her own Snips 'n Snails had exhausted his patience for modeling silly hats on the strawberries and cream number, she had to model it herself!





Teaching my friend, H, how to quilt, I had to make something myself in the pattern she chose, the better to demonstrate! So I made some place mats.





I wanted to make them in Fall colours, because, no prizes, it is Fall! But since I have the attention span of a flea, and would likely never finish them if I had to make all four identical, I decided "I'm the boss. I'm going to use different fabrics in each". I suspect the OC thinks it is all highly irregular, he having such an orderly mind and all, but he has, very wisely, kept his counsel.


This NaBloPoMo lark is wearing me out! Today, singularly uninspired, I went trolling through my archives, all the way back to November 2006, when I first participated in NaBloPoMo, to investigate what, exactly, I had found to blather on about for thirty whole days! For 14th. November, 2006, this is what I found. What can I say? I'm a big believer in recycling!....especially when inspiration comes dropping so slowly, or not at all....

6 comments:

Tanya Brown said...

It's musical hats! Such fun!

I have long since lost the plot of NaBloPoMo. How ever do those who create movies manage?

Your offerings are much enjoyed, though. I keep hoping that the stress will get to you and you'll admit something really horrible ... perhaps you forgot to throw bleach in with the whites one day, or you don't really like vegetables so you secretly shove more on your husband's plate.

meggie said...

What fun hats! I have been spending my spring in down time! Days rotting away from under me! So glad I am not doing the nabberblabber thing.

Thimbleanna said...

Love the hat(s) and placemats! Oh, and the adult model too LOL!

PBS said...

Cute hats, and I really like the placemats, too!

Jess said...

Oh, now I know where Lily's kids get their good looks...

such pretty people!

And I'm enjoying your NaBloPoMo adventures...

Stomper Girl said...

I love the strawberries and cream hat. And agree that little boys are just as sweet!