Saturday, November 29, 2008

Un-Pine Cone Sans Bug



Tanya's photo for our duel today was a pine cone with a bug. It didn't look good for me. I was pretty sure I didn't have anything similar in my photo files. But, I went for a look anyway. And found this. It's not a pine cone. The only bug is of the microscopic variety, invisible to the naked eye. But! It grew on a tree. Just as a pine cone does. I took this photo last November on a hike through the woods. I have no idea what kind of tree it was. I just knew these berries were a beautiful colour and a beautiful shape! Am I disqualified now??

9 comments:

Suzy said...

Mmmm - thing this round might be a tie.
I loved Tanya's pinecone but the colours and textures in these goodies are great. Love the different between the shiny ripened berry and the prickly top.

Ali Honey said...

How intriguing...What is it? I need to know so will keep watching ; maybe someone else can tell us.
They are very beautiful - like a decoration really.
( we certainly don't grow those in NZ ! )

meggie said...

Very pretty mystery berries.

Kacey said...

There certainly many unusual trees and plants here in Florida. About three weeks ago there was a tree in bloom, but the rose flowers appeared to be in bouquets all over the top... like a florist had tied them there. There is always something new popping up.... like your pretty picture.
Also, I thought you did very well with the NaBloPoMo....guess life just intervened for you.

PBS said...

That is a really nice photo, I like it. It should qualify!

riseoutofme said...

I like this game!

Can anyone play??

Or are there some serious rooools??

Nice photo.

Pam said...

Very pretty. I think you should get some marks for trying.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

Beautiful shot!!

Perfectly balanced, lovely colors.

Eastcoastdweller said...

Oh yay, I get to identify it for You! Strawberry bush! Not the kind you can eat!

AKA Hearts a bustin with love.