Monday, April 27, 2009

Woolliness, Of Cats And Coats

This time tomorrow I should be somewhere out over the Atlantic. After breakfast this morning I dragged out my suitcase. Time to stop procrastinating and do it---pack!

Off to the closet to make decisions, not my strong suit. While rummaging therein I came upon a brand new navy blue hoodie.......Ooohhhh, soft! But for whom...? Then it dawned on me. My nephew's birthday [son of Rise]....... was in January! Thought I'd mailed it long ago. Evidently not....So that was the first item into the suitcase. Off to the kitchen then for a minute. Came back, lifted the lid of the suitcase again to find.......one white cat with wanderlust.....and a death wish, nestled snugly against aforementioned soft navy hoodie. After all, all the cool young guys these days are decorating their duds with hair of white cat.... what rock have I been hiding under?? Upon realizing that I was not amused, he scarpered. Thereafter, every time I put something in, I zipped it shut again, much to El Gato's chagrin.... In spite of aggressive attempts to open it, he failed.....I guess he'll be wanting thumbs for Christmas.

Recent reports from the new Dad in Bristol have the sun shining and the weather glorious! But Rise's dear husband, the fabled GB, advised me today, with evil glee, to "bring my woolly coat!" What woolly coat would that be?? I have become extremely unfamiliar with such garments.....Woolly Coat is an unknown quantity in Florida! But I'd better get my head around it, as the reason he [so gleefully] advised the bringing of a Woolly Coat is that Ireland,today, was battered with hailstones and lashing rain.......Hmmmmm. I guess I'll just leave the shorts [and the cat]at home!

16 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

oh Molly God's speed for a safe and pleasant trip.
No need to say enjoy yourself because that goes without saying.
hugs and warm fuzzies.
Will wait in suspense for your arrival home with all the stories and photos of course.

Julie's Journey said...

Travel safely and have a great time.

meggie said...

Ooh, how exciting to be off for such a wonderful visit. We need some pics of the newest young lad in the family.
I hope the weather treats you more kindly than hailing upon you!!

Anonymous said...

May your flight be short and smooth.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Have a wonderful time! (and wear a mask while you travel!) blessings, marlene

Jess said...

You must be so excited! Have a wonderful time!

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

Have a great time across the pond. Enjoy.

Stomper Girl said...

Have a wonderful trip Molly. Can't you borrow a woolly coat from Rise? Save on precious suitcase space. Although don't pack the cat by mistake will you.

Pam said...

I'm not sure that a short flight from Florida in the direction of Ireland would be a good idea... You might get a bit wet.

Have a wonderful time and if you find yourself in Edinburgh, you know where I am. Well, approximately. Just along from the Zoo.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful wishing you a smooth and safe trip and much fun for your visit.

Molly said...

Hello Molly Bawn, I hope that your trip is wonderful.

Thimbleanna said...

Ah yes, springtime in the UK and thereabouts! I hope you have a fantastic trip Molly -- I can't wait to hear about it!!!

Micki said...

Have a wonderful trip and a safe one!
Micki

raining sheep said...

Tee hee! I am packing to go to Las Vegas and I found a white cat in my very black suitcase on top of black clothes of course. Happy trails.

Warty Mammal said...

Ai, well, I've waited too long to comment and now you're doubtless in Britain! I hope you're having a lovely trip and are getting lots of kisses and gossip.

Have an adventure for me, would you please?

manysisters said...

Hey Grandma! Wish I was there! Looks like you are having a great time--can't you pack him in a bag? He is so small, after all. I spoke to Alex--he will be by and I will get more scoops! Let me know when you are back!