Monday, November 16, 2009

Remind Me To Have My Hearing Checked

Lily needed to do some grocery shopping yesterday. She waited until after both munchkins were home from school. Is she nuts? I wondered. Why would you go shopping with two young children, when you could easily do the shopping while they were in school?

"They love to go grocery shopping with me," she said with an enigmatic smile!

Once in the grocery store we didn't head down the aisles right away. We went to the Eagles' Nest. Aha! Now I understood! The Eagles' Nest is an enclosed supervised play area, where children can play safely while their mothers shop in peace. They didn't give us so much as a backward glance! When we were finished and came to get them, they were in no hurry to rejoin us, enthralled as they were, sitting side by side playing a game.

As we walked to the car, Lily tried to curb their exuberance enough to keep them from getting run over. After they had both come to heel, one holding on to each side of the grocery cart, she asked

"What do we need to do boys?"

"Listen!" lisped the five year old.

"Exactly!" said their mom, "and what else do we need to do?"

"Kick ass!" I thought the 6 1/2 year old said.

My eyes widened as I looked at Lily for confirmation.

"Did he say what I think he said?"

"What do you think he said?"

"Kick ass?"

She nearly fell over laughing.

"Mom! He said 'Get Gas!'

"Oh," I said, relieved.

So we drove to the gas station and "got gas."

8 comments:

justsomethoughts... said...

meh.

he prolly said kick ass.

funny stuff

riseoutofme said...

You don't need to get your hearing checked ... Lily does!

Laughed out loud at this!

Pauline said...

yeah, I have to "kick ass" before I go to work this morning, too - this will now become part of my lexicon. Very funny!

Thimbleanna said...

That's hysterical! Thanks for the laugh this morning Miss Molly!!!

Warty Mammal said...

LOL.

I'm pretty sure they mean the same thing.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

*LAUGH!!!!!!!!!*

Molly, that's so funny! Kids do say the darndest things, you know...

;o)


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

PS ~ Love your avatar photo!!

Stomper Girl said...

Oh, that was funny! But it brought up the cultural divide - we would have said "get petrol" here. Maybe you would have heard "kick a troll"?

Lily's boys are obviously good helpers to her, remembering what they need to do.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Typical mother - covering for her kid! :) blessings, marlene