Thursday, February 09, 2012

Addicted



In the recent sewing room excavations, my shovel turned up some interesting blocks........

So I played around with them and made this......





It will find its way, eventually, to my 9 year old grand daughter as it has scraps in it from the quilt I made for her when she was born.


It all started in early January when I needed a small gift for a friend's birthday.  Digging around in my patterns, I found instructions for a little purse made from two 8 1/2" blocks. It didn't take long to make and was a big hit.









A project started and finished in less than a day? Like catnip to El Gato! So I made another, for the un-
blogger over the water. Batiks, but I forgot to take a picture. Schade. The Girlfriend saw it and oohed and ahhed, and before I could bite my tongue, I was making a third!







This week I made a fifth, for another friend's birthday.....








  Boys and girls, do we know how to spell addiction?


5 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, nothing better than a good addiction! They're all looking fabulous Miss Molly. The best thing is that you're having fun in the sewing room!!!

Ali Honey said...

Oh your a sligh one aren't you. All those lovely bags and you didn't tell us......bags will do it every time!( additction that is ) ( you know that makes you a bag lady - join the club.)

The idea of digging into your quilt stuff quite appeals.

jkhenson said...

Love these! All so cute! :) So glad you're getting sewing time in! :)

Pam said...

Not a bad addiction as far as your family and friends are concerned!

heartinsanfrancisco said...

These are soooo beautiful, Molly. I couldn't decide which I liked best. You are a true artist!!!