Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Earth Moved...Did You Feel It?






There's been some seismic activity across the water. Unusual, I know, for Ireland, but then the weather is changing everywhere...

The Little Blister wrote a blog post!

This is proof that there is a God.

I've been badgering her to write, all to no avail. It's been more than a year. I knew the impetus would have to come from her, but I was growing old waiting! And now the great event has happened and I think you should all go over and visit, and gush and coo and cajole, praise and critique --- whatever you think will encourage her to do it again.....before next May.

I've been in a bit of a slump myself. Not a year-long one, mind you, but a bit of a slump nevertheless. Too many voices arguing in my head. Resulting in immobility, indecision --- and no blog posts. But if the Beloved Blister can move herself to action so must I!


The above has been languishing in my drafts for a few days. I planned to come back and doll it up some, make it make sense.....and in the meantime, while I was deliberating,  she posted again! 

I am delighted, and guardedly optimistic that two posts in a couple of days indicates a trend. The only slight worry I have is that all these temblors might cause panic among my countrymen who can handle rain, sure. But earthquakes?

In other tidbits, Friko finally got around to doing a post on "Where I'm From." It is well worth the wait. Pay her a visit. You'll be glad you did.

And the largest tidbit ---- California Girl is coming to visit. Leaving her four legged ones in the care of friends for a week and winging her way to see her aged mother! And not only that, the OC will arrive home for a visit while she's here.....

Talk about seismic activity!



11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for alerting me - I used to follow her blog.

And I promise, I've not forgotten - I just need to sort out my thoughts about where I'm from.

molly said...

Well, hello Unknown, I'm intrigued!

Murr Brewster said...

Nothing cheers me up more than a big ole earth cataclysm. I want to be bounced on the blankets like a flea and be reminded just how insignificant I am. But IRELAND?

Elephant's Child said...

Ooh. Trotting over to visit - and welcome back. I have missed you.

Thimbleanna said...

WOW! That IS a lot of big movement on planet earth. I hope you have a wonderful visit with California Girl. Don't overdue though - must save energy for big trip! :-D. Off to visit the blister....

riseoutofme said...

Oh Holy God Molly! Upload airbrush, photoshop, soft focus, whatever ...IMMEDIATELY ..

Susan Kane said...

So good to see your name appear!!

Ireland has earthquakes? Are the leprechauns having a ceili?

molly said...

Is that better, darling? I'll do anything if it'll keep you writing!

Dee said...

Dear Molly, I did read Friko's post because I follow here fairly faithfully and always enjoy her dry wit and her take on life. The posting on where she's from was so lyrical. It deserves publication.

I'll visit "the Little Blister" now and lend encouragement. Peace

Pauline said...

I fell the seismic activity all the way up here in the Nawth Country! I shall hie myself over to the Blister's Blog and enjoy myself. Don't pick up any rattlers till I'm back!

Lee said...

Don't worry, Molly...you're not alone. I, too, have been feeling "slumpish" of late.