Saturday, November 14, 2009

Cat Dreams....

I had been suspicious for the last few days. I can always tell when people are plotting to leave me. The vibrations change. My worst fears were confirmed last night when the suitcases were hoisted onto the bed....Oh-oh! I knew it. They were about to abandon me!

There's only one way to deal with this kind of situation......climb into the suitcase. How cruel and heartless could they be? All they have to do is stuff their clothing, and other bits and bobs in on top of me, zip it up, and away with us to the airport. It's a well known fact that I'm happiest in small, dark, confined places. No problem there.

Of course, there might be complications at security, especially if I were to let out an accidental "meow!". Or express my pleasure at being taken along by purring extra loudly. Has bribery gone completely out of style? Because I'm sure a nice crisp twenty, passed to the guy inspecting the carry-ons, would enable him to forget he ever saw a cat shaped object on the screen......

Oh well. A cat can dream. They unceremoniously shooed me out of the bag, blew me a kiss, and without the slightest bit of shame, got into the car and off to the airport. Without me. Unconscionable, I call it.

But I do have My Boy all to myself for the weekend. Well, almost. I'll probably have to share him with the girl friend. Sigh. And he is going to come back and forth from school next week, between classes, instead of staying down there, so I suppose, sniff, it could be worse.

But, some day, my dreams will come true. Before I die, I intend to find out what it's like to fly through the air, to Columbus, in a suitcase. Pray it will happen before I'm too old to enjoy the trip!

8 comments:

persiflage said...

The mind of the cat is ever securely focused on its own pleasures, and who can blame it! I hope cat and cat's people are all enjoying themselves.

Zhoen said...

If our Moby had anything to say about it, we'd never leave the apartment, and he'd never have to go in the bag again. Certainly never endure the horror of a flight ever again.

Your feline is a braver and more footloose soul than he.

Tom Bailey said...

My viewpoint:

If you can think it you can do it.

I hope it happens for you!

molly said...

But Tom---this was written by my cat!

Ali Honey said...

Beware the cat scans! ( altho more usually at a hospital than an airport )

Molly I am just starting to make a grippy ball - got the pattern from one of our ladies who had made one, SO, very soon I hope to have a tutorial on my blog just for you.

Pam said...

Oh no, Mr Cat, flying through the air is horrid! It's ok for birds, who can skim the tree tops and then decide when to land. But it's not natural for people. Or cats.

Stay with the young Greek god and be thankful.

Pauline said...

Molly - my Parker constantly tries to be part of the suitcase;s contents! And when I return from a journey, he snubs me for hours! Do our cats speak to one another, perhaps?

Meggie said...

He needs a little reminder, it is very cold, & very scary flying! Home with the Bean is much better.