Sunday, November 22, 2009

Riddle Me Ree

The week with Lily & Company flew by and now we are home. So, tired and hoarse [but on the mend!] and with the clue bag on empty, all I have for you tonight is a guessing game.



This is something Lily inherited from her husband's grandmother. I had never seen such a thing before, but having seen it, I think it's an ingenious invention. I don't know whether it was intended for the use the granny, and now Lily, put it to, but it is perfect for the purpose! Can you guess what it is? If you can see over the edge of the bowl, you might get a hint...


Since I knew that Lily has a great variety of leftover yarn from her knitting projects, I brought a pattern I've had since the seventies along when I went to visit! I didn't get it finished, but this is what it looks like so far.......



Care to hazard a guess? I'll post a picture of the finished article later in the week. Meanwhile, it's off to bed with me. And as lovely as it was to see Lily and Crew, I won't need forty blankets, nor a hot water bottle! There's no place like home, especially when the temperature is in the seventies!

6 comments:

Lone Grey Squirrel said...

I am guessing that it is a specially luxurious and warm winter refuge for squirrels but I suspect it would be put to some mundane use like storing balls of yarn? Actually the two uses are not mutually exclusive!

persiflage said...

Glad you are home and recovering. I am flummoxed and cannot hazard a guess.
We had 41 degrees C yesterday, so the idea of nice cold weather is rather appealing.

Pauline said...

no clue for either - the one thing I knit eons ago didn't resemble anything remotely wearable. Since then, yarn, needles, and I have had a long-distance relationship.

Thimbleanna said...

I've got nothing. I'm thinking college kids could put that bowl thingy to good use with their drinking games though. And the knitting is driving me crazy -- I've been staring at it to no avail. I look like some sort of never-ending sleeve!

riseoutofme said...

An upside down plunger and a willy warmer for the very well endowed.

Meggie said...

I rather like Rises guesses. I thought the bowl would be to hold your knitting or perhaps sewing needs- keep it out of reach of the kitties or ankle biters.
Is that last item a dog coat?
Like Persiflage, I am recovering from heatstroke!